What to do if your event hashtag is hijacked
Event organisers like to use dedicated hashtags to allow attendees to gather and follow pertinent tweets in one place. But it’s not uncommon for a popular event hashtag to be hijacked by spammers.
If that happens to your seminar or conference tag, be prepared with an alternative hashtag and a quick trigger finger to block the spammers involved.
Thanks to Flyte for their insight on this topic.
Talk to us
Ireland: +353 1 657 1660
UK: +44 207 993 4563
Cork: +353 21 2348474
Edinburgh: +44 1875 341 583
London: +44 207 993 4563
USA: +1 978 775 5430
Receive our latest blogs and how to videos by email. Subscribe to our email newsletter.
- Of all the factors that can influence the succe...
- We’re always on the lookout for tools tha...
- When writing your social media posts, respect y...
- Even the most seasoned expert, writing on their...
- Google's recent warning on blog post content is...