Blog, Featured post 3, How To — Wednesday, October 30, 2013 16:20
LinkedIn puts a wide variety of status updates into your home timeline for you to read when you log on. If you find there’s too much noise there, this video shows how to control the types of updates that appear.
Blog — Wednesday, October 23, 2013 14:43
It is frighteningly easy to make a misstep on twitter, when you’re using the platform for marketing and communication. Here are three kinds of interaction I spotted this week: do you recognise yourself in any of them?. Two of the interactions are definitely don’ts: they include publicly arguing with customers, and (possibly worse) ignoring tweets from customers. The positive interaction isn’t anything very complicated, it’s just a good example of the team behind the twitter identity acting like a real human.
Ignoring Facebook probably isn’t a feasible strategy if you run a business, or have any kind of product to sell, but a lot of people simply find it creepy. I met someone who avoids it mostly because of the adverts it shows her. Here’s one way to customise the ads you see.
Latest from the blog
- How to publish a shopping catalogue on Flipboard
- How to create a successful company newsletter
- How to fight the noise in your LinkedIn timeline
- Two Twitter don’ts and a do
- How to create lists on Twitter
- How to hide the more offensive ads on Facebook
- Tesco takes the battle for customer loyalty to the home with the Hudl
- Five steps for editing your own content
- I’m loving my Fonepad, but I won’t use the Ph… word
- Working Digital spreads the word about content marketing