Blog, News, projects — May 18, 2010 17:32 — 4 Comments
Enterprise Ireland eBusiness Unit Podcast: Social Media
Amongst our clients we’re very fortunate to work with the team at Enterprise Ireland’s eBusiness Unit. A few years ago now the unit was pivotal in being one of the first government agencies to embrace new communications technologies to help inform SMEs about important developments. Using podcast technology, the eBusiness Unit has been behind a growing library of programmes covering key technological developments which businesses can potentially utilise to their advantage.
The most recent podcast has just been published. On the topic of social media and micro-blogging for business, the guests were Andrew Townley [@atownley] and Conor Lynch [@connector_ie]. Andrew Townley is the founder and MD of Archistry Limited. His main focus is helping clients effectively manage, use and secure ICT to deliver their corporate performance goals. He’s an international speaker and author of several papers and articles on Enterprise Architecture, SOA and Information Assurance. Conor Lynch is the founder of Connector, an Irish social media business specialising in creating connections online and offline through events, training and consultancy. He’s an honours marketing graduate and has worked in digital and social media marketing for 12 years. We first came across him in his Rabobank days. He’s also the current Chair of the Irish Internet Association’s ‘Social Media Working Group’.
I’d like to say a big thanks to both Andrew and Conor for being able to be our guests for this podcast and doing such a great job. Mind you, I’m biased, so have a listen for yourself…
Social Media and Micro-blogging for Business [Length 32m 58s]
Latest from the blog
- How to use hashtags on Twitter
- Four dos and a don’t for promoting your content
- How to be anonymous on LinkedIn
- The 10 Commandments for keeping your email inbox empty
- How to schedule posts using Hootsuite
- How to improve the photos you share on Twitter
- How to send Facebook updates to friends and family only
- Why should you create status updates on LinkedIn?
- How to post photos to Facebook from your phone
- How to use Pinterest to sell your products