Friday, April 16, 2010 22:30
Many companies are grappling now with their social media strategies — but others are downright scared, keen to put it all off. But singing the la-la-la song, fingers in ears, isn’t a plan. A softly-softly approach can be a good way to get started.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010 22:43
But while iPhone customers are catered for in spades, other technologies are largely being ignored — a wasted opportunity. The rush mentality is also leading to mistakes. The following top 10 top checklist can help guide your thinking about why you want to do an app in the first place (not just for some good PR!), what pitfalls to avoid, how to maximise your reach, and how to select the right partner.
Sunday, April 4, 2010 22:51
A view of communication courtesy of the Google WonderwheelIf anyone ever suggested that the web was going to be a unifying force for effective communication, they didn’t reckon on the reality of low barriers to entry for every man and his dog with a fresh take on how to help us communicate with each other.
Friday, April 2, 2010 14:25
We’re about to see a big shift towards the mobile web and walls come tumbling down.
Here’s an interesting statistic. According to Vodafone, one in four of the mobiles it sold in the run-up to Christmas ’09 was a smartphone… worldwide. That’s a trend that’s set to continue as people discover the benefits of being able to carry a piece of the web around in their pocket. It’s taken a while for the momentum to pick up, but the growing popularity of these devices is a combination of lower handset costs, better mobile internet packages, rapidly improving handsets and, perhaps most critical of all, a change in the relationship we have with our network.
Latest from the blog
- How to get started with your white paper
- How to use hashtags on Twitter
- Four dos and a don’t for promoting your content
- How to be anonymous on LinkedIn
- The 10 Commandments for keeping your email inbox empty
- How to schedule posts using Hootsuite
- How to improve the photos you share on Twitter
- How to send Facebook updates to friends and family only
- Why should you create status updates on LinkedIn?
- How to post photos to Facebook from your phone